- There is no event in a vacuum. To understand an event, look at its context.
- The event is not the problem. The person is not the problem. The system is the problem.
- What people do reflects the culture. Culture is established by its leaders. What people do is information about the culture and about the leaders.
- A company’s culture is the context for all that happens in the company.
- Because the culture determines productivity and profits, it is the real bottom line.
- The purpose of human systems is to serve people. If people are the subject, not the object — if people are put first — enthusiasm and high productivity will follow.
- Don’t involve people just to solve problems. Use problems and problem-solving to involve people.
- You can’t have a safe workplace if you don’t have safe meetings.
cc 114 — © Barry Phegan, Ph.D.